twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How I will be taxed for having an investment account that trades 2-3 times per week.?

I have an investing account that trades 2-3 times per week, not a free riding one, just wait for the settlement and sell to take advantage of the market volatile. Now the question is


Because of the high activity in that account I will be taxed more???


I live in Oregon.
How I will be taxed for having an investment account that trades 2-3 times per week.?
You will be taxed on any net profits you make.





If you were keeping the investment for more than 1 year, it would be eligible for the capital gains rate of 15% (5% for lower bracket taxpayers). The reduced rate is scheduled to end after 2010 and the rate will go back to 20% max.





Since you are not, the gains are taxed at your regular tax rate. For many, the rates are much higher than the 15%/5% capital gains rates.
name common

No comments:

Post a Comment