twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How do i stop spam mail from my hushmail account?

i get spam mail everyday in my hushmail account, but there are no options on stopping them. hell i could use my yahoo account and they have a spam folder and its free.
How do i stop spam mail from my hushmail account?
Hi DMTMD,





To help limit the amount of spam you receive in your Hushmail Inbox, click on the "Spam Control" button at the top of the screen in your webmail account.





There are a number of options on the Spam Control page to help control the spam in your account.





I find that it is most effective to use the following settings:





1) Email that is likely to be Spam will be marked as such in the Subject line: "Use my Allow %26amp; Block List settings for these emails"





2) Email that is likely to be a false "Undeliverable" bounce should be deleted: Checked





3) Add recipient email addresses to my Allow List when I send email: Checked





4) Send a "challenge-response" message when I receive email in my Pending folder: Unchecked





5) When I receive unencrypted email from someone who is not on my Allow List: Put it in my Pending folder





6) When I receive encrypted email from someone who is not on my Allow List: Put it in my Inbox





If you set up your Spam Control this way, be sure to check your Pending folder fairly regularly. I've been doing it this way for years and found that it works quite well.





If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer support team at https://www.hushmail.com/contact/.





You can also review the help documentation for Hushmail's Spam Control page at: https://www.hushmail.com/hushmail/showHe...





Hope this helps!





Toby


Hushmail
Reply:In your Hushmail account, your Spam folder is called "Pending" and it will be displayed below your other folders in a section with the heading "Spam Control".





All incoming messages are Spam scanned, and those that are detected to be Spam are marked "Suspected Junk Mail" in the subject.





Within your Hushmail account, there is a pane called "Spam Control". On that page, you can select three options for messages that are detected to be Spam.





1. Put these emails in my Pending folder


2. Use my Allow/Block list settings for these emails


3. Delete these emails automatically





If you want to use the Pending folder for your Spam email, you will need to select "Put these emails in my Pending folder".





To further restrict the amount of Spam that reaches your Inbox, you can select to have all email from unknown senders sent to your Pending folder.





To do that, look on the Spam Control page for the prompt "When I receive unencrypted email from someone who is not on my Allow List" and select "Put it in my Pending folder".





You will then need to check your Pending folder periodically and use the drop-down box on the right to add new valid senders to your Allow list.





In addition, if you check the box that say "Add recipient email addresses to my Allow List when I send email", people to whom you send email will automatically be added to your allow list.
name naming

No comments:

Post a Comment