twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can I open a new Bank account even if my other Bank account is frozen ?

My Bank account was frozen because of a past debt. How would I open a new account at another Bank . Will the frozen account show up ? I would feel a little better going to a Bank knowing what to expect . Thank you !
Can I open a new Bank account even if my other Bank account is frozen ?
Yes you may be on chexsystems, and that would prevent you from opening an account at some banks. Some have special progams for people in those situations, so check around. You may have another problem, though. Whoever froze your account could do the same to your new account(s) so try to get your debt paid off asap so it doesn't cause you and your credit history any more problems!
Reply:Since you owe the bank a debt, you might be on Chex Systems. All banks check this out before they will open an account for you. Another bank might deny you a bank account because this is on your record.

No comments:

Post a Comment