twitter




Monday, October 12, 2009

How did I get rejected for a bank account?

So, I applied maybe a week ago for a Bank of America CampusEdge checking account and a Regular Savings account. I know they checked out my Experian credit report and I just checked today, a completely clean slate, which I'm sure many students who sign up for CampusEdge have. So, how did I get declined?
How did I get rejected for a bank account?
your credit report is usually nothing to do with opening an account. They check Chexsystems which tells them what other accounts you have had and why they were closed out. if you owed a bank money for overdraft fees you will be on there or if your account was closed because of suspected fraud. They really should have given you a letter of declination letting you know what they found so that you can fix it.
Reply:They should probably be sending a letter to you telling you why. if you don't get one,ask them to send you one telling you why.
first name

No comments:

Post a Comment